Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

“战神 I-X”火箭在发射台"God of War IX"rocket at launch pad

Tsaokuohua

China

NASA“战神 I-X”火箭在肯尼迪航天中心39B发射台

"God of War IX" rocket at the launch pad 39B of Kennedy Space Center 

08:22 AM Nov 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

♥ ~.•'Peace~Girl~ஐ•.•.

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

it first time i hear about it ….

nice :)

regards dear

05:53 PM Nov 11 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

actually it's called the Ares I-X, though Ares was the Greek god of war.

Ares I-X flight test vehicle launches.

NASA’s Ares I-X test rocket soars into blue skies above Launch Pad 39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Oct. 28, 2009. Image credit: NASA/Sandra Joseph and Kevin O'Connel
› View larger image

Ares I-X first stage recovery in Atlantic Ocean.

Following a successful flight test, the first stage of the Ares I-X rocket bobs in the Atlantic Ocean as it awaits retrieval by the booster recovery ship Freedom Star. Image credit: United Space Alliance 
› View larger image

Launch VehicleAres I-X
Launch Date: Oct. 28, 2009
Launch Time: 11:30 a.m. EDT
Launch Pad: 39B
Launch Site: NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida

› Status Report – Nov. 6, 2009

Ares I-X Completes a Successful Flight Test
NASA's Ares I-X test rocket lifted off Oct. 28, 2009, at 11:30 a.m. EDT from Kennedy Space Center in Florida for a two-minute powered flight. The flight test lasted about six minutes from its launch from the newly modified Launch Complex 39B until splashdown of the rocket's booster stage nearly 150 miles downrange. 

The 327-foot-tall Ares I-X test vehicle produced 2.6 million pounds of thrust to accelerate the rocket to nearly 3 g's and Mach 4.76, just shy of hypersonic speed. It capped its easterly flight at a suborbital altitude of 150,000 feet after the separation of its first stage, a four-segment solid rocket booster. 

Parachutes deployed for recovery of the booster and the solid rocket motor, which were recovered at sea and will be towed back to Florida by the booster recovery ship, Freedom Star, for later inspection. The simulated upper stage and Orion crew module, and the launch abort system will not be recovered. 

The flight test is expected to provide NASA with an enormous amount of data that will be used to improve the design and safety of the next generation of American spaceflight vehicles, which could again take humans beyond low Earth orbit. 

01:35 AM Nov 12 2009 |

Oghuzkhan

Oghuzkhan

Turkey

go go China xD

10:01 AM Nov 12 2009 |