Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Homosexual marriages legalized in Australia

Nasim

Nasim

India

Under the new laws, gay couples will be able to hold a legally recognised civil union ceremony in front of friends and family in the territory, which is home to the capital Canberra and the nation's parliament.

The region's legislators approved the bill, which moved by the local Greens party.

Andrew Barr, an ACT minister who is in a gay relationship, wept as he spoke in support of the bill.

"Love, trust and intimacy and commitment are found at the heart of all good relationships," Mr Barr later told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"I'm proud that this parliament will send that signal that my relationship with Anthony is equal to any other."

The law was drafted so that it does not contravene national legislation which says that civil unions must not mimic marriage.

"We understand that this is not same-sex marriage," said Greens MP Shane Rattenbury, who drafted the bill.

"This legislation is another step along the road to full equality for same-sex couples in Australia, and we are delighted that the assembly has passed it today," he added.

However, the law could still be struck down by Australia's attorney-general, who overturned similar legislation in February 2008 on the grounds it broke national marriage laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/6545116/Gay-unions-made-legal-in-Australian-territory.html

[The homosexuals aren't still given the rights to adopt a child or get a child via artificial insemination.] 

07:15 PM Dec 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"so funny thread, a group of wolves want to eat one little smart girl

stupid, dumbhead wolves"—Dear Djou

Dear Djou..

Is it not the other way around? Dissipator is siding with Rosella from the way I understand it..

You made me smile in the other forum.. You made me frown in this..

No fuss.. Ebaby life is like that.. Our differences in our views make us special and bonded..

05:54 AM Dec 26 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I've got the wrong facts according to who?? to Charles Darwin & his theory,,,

No the parts where Humans have sex for recreation and genes passing through generations are not part of Theory of Evolution.  They are just proofs of Evolution. Gene theory is Pretty new, even though Gregor Mendel was a contemporary of Darwin

I don't consider them as a valid scientific references,

What scientific references do u consider valid? 

what I got here tells me that humans r God 's successors on earth, they were born as a humans from d beginning of d creation, from Adam & Eve,

How many Scientists have attested this? 

not from some kind of monkys & reptiles ,,,

Who told you than Humans evolved from monkeys? 

& thee will be no humans, at d time of d Doomsday, not at d end of d genes' passing on through generations..

What is dooms day? Universe is not going to Collapse for another billion years . Pollutions that the "successor of god" has created , would one day annihilate many species inducing Human race itself. As for Life on earth, it will continue despite the presence of Humans, just like it has continued for millions of years.

01:01 PM Dec 26 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"Are u for or againt homosexuality ? "

Neither.. I am for whatever makes someone happy (as long as he does not make another person unhappy)..

04:05 PM Dec 26 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"do you agree with the extinction and bewilderewment  of human race ? "

It is a matter I don't ponder upon.. You know me.. I live each day as it comes.. I actually believe in reincarnation, but it is beside the point..

Now don't take this as sarcasm: that one little smart girl is your female version (staunch advocate of Islam).. Consider my remark as commendation for both of you..

04:51 PM Dec 26 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Rosella..

You are becoming like Disspator.. You are answering questions not intended for you.. He answered my questions for you in my previous post that is why I asked him if you and he are one and the same person.. I know you will not resort to creating bogus account..

"heheh , u r not funny at all ok !!?"

If I am not funny then don't laugh..

"is that d freedom of expressing opinions that u have ?"

Yeah, freedom of expression is unique in every person.. Sarcastic, defensive, withstanding, some even resort to offensive name-calling.. How will I ever forget your bubblegum encyclopedia?

You keep defending your point by showering us with Quran verses most of which we do not even bother to read.. You defy scientific excerpts and dismiss medical findings as claims.. Truth is, nobody really has conclusive proofs.. At least when we lay to you scientific/ medical facts they prove that attempts have been made.. Compare that to your Quran verses where you leave everything to God' miraculous hands..

Being a staunch believer is very good.. You are investing for your future.. But you must live for the present also..

You cannot solely depend on your verses to refute the points we are throwing to you..

WE ARE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION ON EARTH; BUT WE WILL ALL BE VINDICATED IN ANOTHER LIFE.. INSHALLAH..

05:07 AM Dec 27 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

things which r said in d Holy Qur'an  & d Sunna,otherwise by other scientists& If its proved in d Qur'an, which is from Allah, then I don't need any humans to approve itOk so be it.   isn't d evolution theory states that ??No, Evolution states, Monkeys(Rhesus Macac) and Humans (Homo Sapiens) might have a common ancestry. i.e Monkeys and Humans are distant Cousins 
r u sure of that ??
do u have any evidence that d universe won't collapse after 2 weeks for example ??Yes I am pretty sure about that, It won't collapse because I am saying so. If what i say will be true, will u consider me as a prophet as well?

05:18 AM Dec 27 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Djou..

Extinction and bewilderment of human race, I know what you meant..

One good thing about humans is our capability to adjust to changing time and environment… Maybe you are thinking the human race will come to an end if everybody will domestically settle with person of the same sex.. That is a distant reality, I think.. I know of some cases where a gay fell in-love with a lesbian.. Haha!

Who knows in distant future new sets of bold EBaby members will be debating regarding legalization of marriages between human and alien?

11:23 AM Dec 27 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

As far as I am concerned I have said my piece and I have said it well.. I already concluded the topic.. The replies are becoming purely personal that it became baloney.. We delved so much in the matter..

We reached denouement..

05:37 AM Dec 28 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

According to ur word, as a militant of gay people, u can also become ** lovely fabien

this is what every people say! Just because you support them, doesnt make you gay!

12:44 PM Dec 28 2009 |

abosalahaddine

Algeria

what we suffer from surprising climat change and H01N01and economic crises and many other calamities is the direct result of immorality we are sinking in

we hope that humanity  will awake before every thing will be end

10:29 PM Dec 28 2009 |