Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Genration gap

rohini23

rohini23

India

hello everybody,

i wanna to know about the gap between genration and also share your experience of neighborhood.

niceLaughing, if you replay ......

07:37 AM May 30 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

janacalicut

India

hi rohini,

The gap between generations is becoming wider and wider gradually. in my childhood, there were some solid bond established between a child and his grand parents. these days, only two consecutive generations are in good terms.The children today are not ready to communicate or keep contact with their grandparents. the problem is we r missing many of our rich part of our tredition.

12:14 PM May 30 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

well,I can not communicate with my grandmother.because we use different languages.but I knew she loves me so much and I love her.but she has too many babies.my mom is one of them.so my family is noise.so sometimes I want to escape from there.now,my mom said don`t warry about her.I think they have their entertainment.I`m not kidding so I pay more attetion to socail background.

08:21 PM May 30 2007 |

rohini23

rohini23

India

Hello guys,

thanks and  agree with your openion.i also thaught  that, one of the most causes of this problem is  ' Scheduled of life is very busy,tired and hard and as a consequence we will be unable to give proper time for them.

06:54 AM May 31 2007 |

janacalicut

India

hi rohini, it's not because of tight schedule, the present generation or young generation today is not turning back to older generation. it is because of ego only(sorry for generalising things) may be rohini is talking out of imagination, but i am talking out of experience. we r living in a very advanced world, facilities are much, we find our grand ones are becoming an obstacle for us to be into this advanced lifestyle.  Think ahead. no one stays in the same age, every one of us are moving towards the days of oldage.

07:36 AM May 31 2007 |

antonia82

antonia82

China

if u want, u always can have time to communicate with your grand parents.

if u  r really really busy , dont forget there is a thing called telephone.

Wink

07:46 AM May 31 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

hiantonia82 I often send email to my mom,but I am sorry I still can not speak to my grandmother.because my father came from shanghai.I can not speak taiwanese language.

higuys.we have some phenomenons under present society.some of people saved their lietrature.I think family`s relationship is still important.the idea need to re-explain and practice in real world.that is very important.I saw some tragedy happening under"advanced society".I mean how to deal with tradition and modern that is very important.some traditions will be rebuilt in future/good condition.

good luck~

09:18 AM May 31 2007 |

antonia82

antonia82

China

hi DAR

u r in taiwan and ur dad came from shanghai and ur grand mother dont understand mandarin, wow, what i said r right?

just a little question: why dont u learn taiwanese?Smile

people who like communicate with parents is more and more less, but u r the one ,so , good guy! 

12:58 AM Jun 01 2007 |

antonia82

antonia82

China

the time in this web is not my local time

01:01 AM Jun 01 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

Yeah…I knew.my mom is always an interprter. 

05:52 AM Jun 01 2007 |

rohini23

rohini23

India

Hi jana,

you are saying thats true, except that schedule of life is also effect , in my case im too busy in Office and house working, as a result i can't give time for my grand.

I consider you "that the awful thoughts of young generation there will no place for grand."

Nice all of you to reply me…....waiting

thanks

10:33 AM Jun 01 2007 |