Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do we sleep so much?

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I dont know what about you, but I L-O-V-E  to sleep. It is so pleasant… When I am in holidays I always tell my friends I will hibernate lol! One day I slept for 12 hours( well, I was in holidays)Laughing

What about you? Do you enjoy sleeping very much?  How many hours do you like to sleep?

11:19 AM Jan 22 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mr.oMaR2008

Saudi Arabia

Hi 

Thank God i'm not the only one adore and love and like sleeping .it is awesome i wish i could sleep 4 ever with pace but with out doomsday …

about me some times when i wake up and maybe i slept for 9 hours i feel i want back to it

and about my looooong time i slept some day i slept more then 11 ..but it was't in holiday it was in the week and in the same day i did't go 2 school coz i want sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

and now u make me feel i want 2 sleep….lol 

01:10 PM Jan 22 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

in fact 6 hours sleep is enough. But I dont sleep more than 6 a day

05:27 PM Jan 22 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

lol! I'm happy I'm not the only one who adores sleeping :D

Memo, you are right, though the younger you are, the more hours to sleep your body needs.

Guys, I think sleeping is a good therapy, because:

If you feel bored and you have nothing to do, you will see how the time goes on faster if you SLEEP.

If you are sad and you dont wanna think about anything, your mind wont think about the source of your problem if you SLEEP

If you are hungry but you are lazy, alone and dont wanna cook, meanwhile someone arrives home, you can SLEEP

And the last but not the less important: When you have an exhausting day, at the end, the beSt way you can rest and recover your energy is when you SLEEP

08:42 AM Jan 23 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Laughing

08:45 AM Jan 23 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Because we love dreams more than real life!

I love to sleep while awake… that's what we called day dreaming. If include sleeping while awake than I hope I am even sleeping while typing this comment!

10:00 AM Jan 23 2010 |

Flipo

Flipo

Morocco

Well, for me I try to sleep at least 8 hours a day

But on holidays, I don't like to spend all my time sleeping except if I was tired, then I sleep 10 hours or more =)

02:15 PM Jan 23 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

Good topic

really i sleep as a normal person at my age.

maybe some time more or less.

have a nice time

regards

when i open this topic to reply i saw this advertising which is related to the issue

hope it makes you happy& help someone/ some ones to sleep better

lol

03:17 PM Jan 23 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

hahahah Ryo xD

09:47 AM Jan 24 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

You are right Ryo, but I meant sleeing offers you a short solution. Not all.Laughing

Sina, what a funny advertisement!

09:50 AM Jan 24 2010 |

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

well, as for me , on weekdays i manage to sleep not more than 4 hours…. i look cheerful, but anyway our organism gets tired even if we are young and full of energy. but on weekends i sleep about 9 hours. i just recover my energy))) aww.. hate when somebody wakes me up)))) hate the song at my alarm clock))

the doctors say that we must sleep not less than 8 hours a day. as for you , how long do you sleep on weekdays?

10:47 AM Jan 24 2010 |