Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What the different about JEWS and ZIONIST?

fadhilanwar

Indonesia

I belief all religion is teach and conduct us to love, peace, and respect each other. Now, i want to ask, Is Jews and Zionist same? Is Jews domineering Jerussalem and all of Palestinian land?

05:50 AM Mar 03 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

no, man. even a baby would know that. 

to be a jew, you don't need to be a zionist.

jew = a person whose religion is Judaism. 

zionism = a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel. (zionist – someone that supports zionism)

ofc most of jews support the state of Israel, but jewdaism has nothing to do with hating Jesus or zionism. This is something that comes from jews.

i took the meaning of the words from dictionary.reference.com 

02:28 PM Mar 03 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The same?

Most Jews are supportive of Israel. Therefore most Jews are Zionists.

Judaism is the religion. Zionism is the national movement attached to Israel.

Both are not the same, but both are definitely compatible.

Zionism is a political movement that supports what Judaism expresses: the need to return to the Land of Israel for Jews.

02:30 PM Mar 03 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

There are many Jews against zionism shit. It is something like Muslims against terrorism. 

It is time to clean zionists from the world.

They always use holocaust as an argument but they do the same thing. 

07:51 PM Mar 03 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@memo, the expert on Judaism:

How many? The few hundred from the Neturei Karta that you're always holding up as examples. How many else?

It is time to clean zionists from the world.

It's more time to wipe hateful crazies and terrorists from the world. They've caused and still cause a lot of damage. It is not the fault of Israel why there is no peace.

Obviously you don't know enough about either the holocaust or Israel, if you truly think there's any comparison.

It's disgusting to compare the victims to their oppressors just as a way of getting attention.

Yes, Jews talk about the Holocaust because it wiped out 1/3 of all Jewish people on the world. Don't think your use of the word 'zionist' hides the prejudice in what you're saying.

There are many Jews against zionism shit. It is something like Muslims against terrorism.

No, it isn't and the comparison is ridiculous to compare Zionism and the State of Israel to perpetrators of 911 and spreaders of daily terror in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

You can't just make an absurd comparison and not expect an answer.

10:18 PM Mar 03 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@memo again:

As usual you're being a troll, that just blurts out his hateful opinions on a subject page.

We don't care what you think, what people care about are arguments and justifications for what you say. If you don't have any, don't talk and keep your silly, insane views to yourself.

10:20 PM Mar 03 2010 |

fadhilanwar

Indonesia

Do you know why i wrote this? Because i never hate other religions. i'm sure all religions is peacefull. but, actually i hate zionist which occupying other nation. no more blood, no more tears, no more hate. lets we life in peace. and don't distrub other person. different is beauty. PEACE!

04:27 AM Mar 04 2010 |

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

memo the fag saying shit again. 

12:02 PM Mar 04 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I'll just do it point by point:

The beginning of Zionism organization was in 1800s, from few of Jews, who were looking to defend Jews interests, because of the anti-jews in europe and in the world.

Yes. Generally the small secular elite. At the same time as other nationalist movements were forming in Europe, such as in Italy or Germany with the aim to create a unified state.

so, they wanted to create such a state for Jews, to gether them and have privat and liberty from control of other nations.

Yes.

Even old european empires encouraged them, because of many reasons, and they offered them many regions to create their state 'Kynia,,,,,,,,), but they refused, and they wanted palestine, and they explain that by things happened before 3000 years.

Yes.

and to make their dream a reality, they worked with UK and other occupiers to make it on the ground, first think they did is to prepere the land to be occupied by UK empire, and later let the jews move their, and later control it.

Zionists tried to negociate with whoever was in control of the land. First with the Ottomans, who sort of nodded in favour of it, then later with the British, who agreed by forming the Balfour Declaration.

ALL during this time however, Zionist Jews, as well as non-Zionist Jews had already been moving there, and buying land in several places and working on it.

In 1854, Jews were already the largest religious group in Jerusalem. By 1870, they were again the majority of te city's population.

and to control this piece of land, they had a problem with people who live there, so the first worry is to make the majority of this people leave this land using all ways and method, which were iligal.

NO. The Zionist idea was to settle the land and live on it with the creation of a Jewish state, but never to throw out the people that were already living there. Bringing most of the Europe's or the world's Jews would have brought a majority in whatever area they controlled anyway.

It's also false to claim that the Zionists were trying to control and take over all of what was once the former province of Palestine. They accepted the UN partition plan which saw it shared between Arabs and Jews

It's also important to point out that there were both Jewish and Arab majority areas.  Tel Aviv was a city that was founded by Jewish settlers, and did not exist before Jewish settlers arrived. 

Jewish settlement did not displace Arabs. That is the consensus by most historians.

http://www.mideastweb.org/palpop.htm

What happened in 1948 was a surprise to Zionists as well, when the Palestinians left en masse.

because of the occupation of our lands, and the politics that they follow to throw our people, and destroy our people and control our holy land and mosques.

I think the Arab nations were more instrumental, through their encouragement, at throwing out the Palestinian Arabs than the Zionists. 

Here are the number of reasons given for the Palestinian exodus:

1. to escape the war

2.Because wealthy Arab leaders had left, and without leadership the Arab communities fell apart.

3.Because Arab leaders encouraged the masses to get out of the way of the advancing rab armies, promising that victory would be quick and they could soon return.

4. Tales of alleged Israeli atrocities caused panic (ex: stories of rapes and murders of pregnant women by Israeli soldiers)

5. In some cases, Israeli troops forced Arab residents from their homes in sensitive, strategic zones vital to the survival of the Jewish State.

As is probably clear to most people who know Israel and its politics, the Al Aqsa mosque is not under Israeli control, but under the control of the Muslim waqf.

03:18 PM Mar 04 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I think the casual reader can see the bias and disinformation in the links you've given. It avoids any documentation of both sides and prefers to use words like 'ethnic cleansing operations' and 'Israel lobby'.

02:00 PM Mar 05 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I think the casual reader can see that you are another zionist too

03:38 PM Mar 05 2010 |