Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Man marries pillow!!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Lee Jin-gyu fell for his ‘dakimakura’ – a kind of large, huggable pillow from Japan, often with a picture of a popular anime character printed on the side.
In Lee’s case, his beloved pillow has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the ‘magical girl’ anime series Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
Now the 28-year-old otaku (a Japanese term that roughly translates to somewhere between ‘obsessive’ and ‘nerd’) has wed the pillow in a special ceremony, after fitting it out with a wedding dress for the service in front of a local priest. Their nuptials were eagerly chronicled by the local media.
‘He is completely obsessed with this pillow and takes it everywhere,’ said one friend.
‘They go out to the park or the funfair where it will go on all the rides with him. Then when he goes out to eat he takes it with him and it gets its own seat and its own meal,’ they added.
The pillow marriage is not the first similarly-themed unusual marriage in recent times – it comes after a Japanese otaku married his virtual girlfriend Nene Anegasaki, a character who only exists in the Nintendo DS game Love Plus, last November.
THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW A PRIEST AGREE TO DO SUCH NONSENSE, UNLESS THOSE PPL PLAY WITH THEIR RELIGION AS WE SO THESE DAYS OF A PRIEST MARRY ANOTHER PRIEST IN CIVILZED AMERICA…THAT’S WHY I SAID BEFORE CHRISTINTY HAS BEEN DEFORMED TO THE WHIMS OF CLERGY MEN AND AUTHORITY!!!

07:46 AM Mar 17 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

hahaha, nice new profile!!!!!!
u know what i mean!!!! :)

03:14 PM Mar 17 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

don’t mention it, it is ur right man!

06:23 AM Mar 18 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Norfolk Island, rarely u can find ppl from that place!!!

07:04 AM Mar 19 2010 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW A PRIEST AGREE TO DO SUCH NONSENSE, UNLESS THOSE PPL PLAY WITH THEIR RELIGION AS WE SO THESE DAYS OF A PRIEST MARRY ANOTHER PRIEST IN CIVILZED AMERICA…THAT’S WHY I SAID BEFORE CHRISTINTY HAS BEEN DEFORMED TO THE WHIMS OF CLERGY MEN AND AUTHORITY!!!

Religion, islam, christianity, bla bla bla, these are just WORDS!!

what matters is the faith and happiness! If that person feels happy in marrying a pillow, why should you deny it? 

06:45 PM Mar 19 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

:S

07:12 PM Mar 19 2010 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

i wish them happiness ??? well. i don't need to marry a pillow i got two. thank you! 

atm, they're waitin' for me xD

12:13 AM Mar 20 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

“what matters is the faith and happiness! If that person feels happy in marrying a pillow, why should you deny it? ”
BE HAPPY AS HE WISH BUT THE FAITH IS NOT A PLAY OR GAME THAT WE FORM IT AS WE WISH, GOD SENT HIS MESSENGERS TO SHOW THE WAY TO HIM, TO THE RIGHT LIFE, AND GOD INFORM US THAT MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN MAN AND A WOMAN! AND WHAT THAT PRIEST DID,IS DEFORMING FOR GOD’S ORDERS!
COZ RELIGIONS IS NOT JUST WORDS OTHERWISE THAT PRIEST CHAMGE HIS TITLE, NOT TO DECIEVE PPL BY THE NAME OF RELIGION LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN EUROPE IN THE MEDIEVAL ERA !

07:09 AM Mar 20 2010 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

BUT THE FAITH IS NOT A PLAY OR GAME THAT WE FORM IT AS WE WISH,

exactly!!!

GOD SENT HIS MESSENGERS TO SHOW THE WAY TO HIM, TO THE RIGHT LIFE, AND GOD INFORM US THAT MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN MAN AND A WOMAN!

that is your faith! his faith was not that, anything against his faith? or doesn't your  religion says to respect others? I think a man marrying a pillow wont make world a worst place to live. unless he has baby pillows… 

AND WHAT THAT PRIEST DID,IS DEFORMING FOR GOD’S ORDERS!

why don't you go tell him that? and see what he says. 

COZ RELIGIONS IS NOT JUST WORDS OTHERWISE THAT PRIEST CHAMGE HIS TITLE, NOT TO DECIEVE PPL BY THE NAME OF RELIGION LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN EUROPE IN THE MEDIEVAL ERA !

Religion is a word, Faith is a feeling and thought of a Believer!

Hope I could convince you of my point! cheers!

06:43 PM Mar 20 2010 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

by the way, from where did you take this new?

06:47 PM Mar 20 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

We can view the matter from many angles & hence has many interperetations.

Human want to posess others to marry & posess someone else is difficult with other human hence it is a fine consolation for such people.

Mine 2nd angle is that 'marriage is an artficial drama created by religions', existence did not need any marriage to relate with other human, it needed only heart, which has already been provided by existence hence marriage is a false tempo created by religions, one can play in any way with such false preceptions.

3rd view is that we can measure the way we have lived. The relation between man & woman has become an weak bond & hence it is difficult to beleive in human so human likes to use dead machines ,they are more reliable than homan that's why we feel'no relation no tention.

4th view is that everyone is free to choose what he likes so we have nothing to do with it.

The real question is why all the religions interfere with natural process of reproducion & wanted to control the sexual behaviour ?,sex is a natural process & every living being has his own way of reproductin,why religion creates barriers to it ? Is it not sufficient to be a man & woman to partcipate in existential process of reproduction, why religion creates doubts about it ?

& sex in all living beings is natural ,noone teaches any of the living being ,everything happens naturally then why so questions are being put forward for man ? 

02:29 AM Mar 21 2010 |