Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Does It Bother You?

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Hobbies are a thing you enjoy doing, but what happens when the environment in which you have to do your hobby gets noisy? Do you still enjoy it?

As for me it depends on the hobby: When it’s noisy I enjoy reading for example even more, because I consider loud noises to be annoying. When I’m completely absorbed by a story however I partly forget the noises around me.

Learning foreign languages and playing the guitar is okay even when it’s noisy. I enjoy it even more when it’s quiet, – That goes without saying -, but still under normal circumstances it never happens to me that I’m so distracted by loud noises that I kind of forget what I’m doing.

Listening to music or watching movies?! I hate that when it’s loud outside, because then I have to turn the volume higher to understand it better and I hate that. Cases like these really are annoying, because I want the volume of my radio or of my computer to stay constant. After all too loud noises – especially when the source is a song or a movie that takes several minutes or longer – can do serious harm to our mentality as well as to our body.

07:50 AM Jul 29 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

dr.mo …  I like it Wink

10:52 PM Jul 29 2011 |

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

come on)) world can’t stop turnng if you are dizzy) people can’t adjust to your scheme, they need to fulfil their dreams and errands too) so, i guess headphones can really cover this problem)

05:05 AM Jul 30 2011 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

I guess a smart person can find a way to achieve their objective without being obstructed by others and without obstructing them – love it – just wish I was smart enough to achieve this!

02:38 PM Jul 30 2011 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Thank you all for your comments!

Zambuka,

Of course I thank you too and yes: Headphones really are a solution. However when it’s really noisy outside then you still have to turn up the volume a little and as I said before I ust prefer keeping it constant. That’s nothing but my personal preference.

What was the “Come on!” for? All I said was that I don’t enjoy listening to music or TV too much when it’s noisy outside.

otooziki,

“just wish I was smart enough to achieve this!” But you are smart! Every living creature, every humain being is intelligent in his/ her own way. In addition I just checked out your profile and you Madam, seem to be really smart and polite. Really! I’d like to be your keypal…if you don’t mind.

03:01 PM Jul 30 2011 |