Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to love?or to be loved?and why??

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

If you had a choice to love or be loved,what would it be?

To love means to feel a happiness you never felt before but also to endure all the pain of this world! To love is to cry,to smile,to laugh,to be jealouse,to think and sometimes to even feel pain!
To love is a powerful feeling that can either destroy you or make you a better person!
To be loved is wonderful! To have someone that cares for you,has faith and hope in you,never gives up on you and is always there for you is something that everyone wishs for! To be loved might fulfill you or might make you feel empty? To be loved but not love in return might leave you feeling numb for you are getting all the care and attention from someone but you never felt any of these things for anyone.You only felt emptiness ! To feel is important but you are numb to emotions and feelings,because you simply do not love !

So my question is,if you had only one choice to make which would it be
To love? Or be loved? and why did you pick the answer you did?

08:12 AM Aug 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

thanx 4  ur little words

06:12 PM Aug 15 2007 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

If I had to choose between loving and being loved I would choose to be loved, cause' people who love do suffer, but if you are loved it is nice because you always have someone who is with you and supports you.

01:48 AM Sep 05 2009 |

jamal faraji

Morocco

HI TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED ARE TWO WISHES THAT A HUMAN LOOK FOR BUT TRUST ME BOTH ARE GOODYOU MUST ASK YOUR MIND FIRST . DO I LOVE ? AFTER SURE YOU WILL FIND OUT THE REPLAY FOR YOUR  SECOND PART OF THE QUESTION .

10:18 PM Sep 09 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

whitney

oh only to be loved isn't this a one way ticket ?love is giving and taking!!!

10:45 PM Sep 09 2009 |

purple zhang

China

love just ia a feeling,i think love is the one thing that we can not explain what it is .

if only one choice,i will choice to be loved,i am afried of being hurt!!!

but i believe i will be a luck girl, i believe i can find someone who i love ,and he also love me !

we all need to believe we will be happy~

10:28 AM Sep 10 2009 |

aymoooone

aymoooone

Saudi Arabia

wel wel wl

firstly i just wanna thank u ( stand by me ) on ur amazing sipmple topic :)

secondly ,, if had choosen to pick one of them i will rather to skip it and say my words about it 

well for me i guess m a boy so frankly it is hard to be loved from girls unless if ur celebrity or sth like that 

but i rather to do my best towrds girls and try to pick the right girl for me and while u do the process, m sure u will pick the right girl that u do completely love her and she feels the same thing 

the important thing here is to let urself and ur lover become  good couples that last forever

well i know that to love is much harder than to be loved but if u love someone and u find out that someone doesn't love u back then for me it is a bad luck hahah so i can go to another girl ;) ,,,,, i always dream about who is gonna be my princess ;) coz i know one day inshallah that m gonna do all what it takes to make my girl  happy :D   

that's life and all u can do is to do ur best and be happy all the time ,,,,, 

love isn't an easy thing to do but at least u try and find ur right girl that both have the same heart :D

i took those words from a movie (( for a KISS to be really good, u want it to mean something, u want it to be with someone, u can't get out of ur head, so that when ur lips finally touch, u feel it everywhere. a KISS so hot so deep, u wanna come up for air. u can't cheat ur first kiss,, "name" .. trust me, u don't want to, coz' when u find that right person, the first KISS ….it's everthing ;)   ))

that's what it looks like with  LOVE ;) 

GOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK EVERYONE :D

slaaaaaaaaaaaaam :D

01:03 PM Sep 10 2009 |

frank.geek

Brazil

To love is something easy to do .. but to be loved by the one you'd like to is the hardest part ! I've fell in love lots of times .. and it's not a good thing !! I've never been loved by someone but my parents ! haahhaha

01:04 PM Sep 10 2009 |

ayhann

ayhann

Turkey

To love…

because I am more sure about our loves rather than someone else's love…I cannot know if I am really and sincerely loved but I know how big and true my love is..  

07:57 PM Sep 10 2009 |

julywidiawati

Indonesia

I can't choose one..both are support each other..

02:20 AM Sep 11 2009 |

linda897

China

people have been loved from the born surrounded ,so loved every has .In the kinship and friendship every one alread have both.So the question is about love,In  old China ,there is a such saying:Can not have both fish and bear's paw,but it let people feel sad ,so now in China ,there have anothe saying" Will keep a bear catching the squid"so that we can have both two ,In fact,we can find a person who love us   and we also love them .

to choese love and be love ,it't hard to say ,because They are tightly linked.

05:47 AM Sep 11 2009 |