Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

moving on with a hurtful break-up and mending a broken heart

khaethe

khaethe

Philippines

Breaking up is never fun. The end of a relationship means the beginning of a period of mourning and healing for both people. If the break up was mutual both people will experience a period of adjustment where they are getting used to no longer being together. If the break up was not mutual the person who ended things may be dealing with guilt and feelings that they may have made a mistake. The person being broken up with will definitely have to adjust, first to being rejected and second to life without somebody they still care for.People may say ,no one ever died of a broken heart, but when you’re suffering from one, it sure doesn’t feel that way—at least initially. You may feel suicidal but come to think of it that maybe that person is not really for you and there is somebody who’s more deserving.Bess Myerson once wrote that “to fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.” Mending a broken heart is never easy. There is no quick way to stop your heart from hurting so much.To stop loving isn’t an option. Author Henri Nouwen writes, “When those you love deeply reject you, leave you, or die, your heart will be broken. But that should not hold you back from loving deeply. The pain that comes from deep love makes your love ever more fruitful.”..Love is wonderful so enjoy life and live to the fullest. being single isnt important ,what important is you’re happy and content. Some may come and go in your life but don’t stop hoping that there is one person who will stay forever with you.

12:37 PM Oct 20 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yc carlos

yc carlos

Syrian Arab Republic

i tride to do evrey thing to haave you by my side but it doesnot work coz i was so wild

01:12 PM Oct 20 2011 |

Bruce_zhou

China

from the article you writted above ,for one thing,i hope you mending your heart and getting recover in short time,as for me ,also met such situation before,broken up with my first girlfriend,at that time i felt more painful,i didn’t want to eat and didnot want to get sleep,just more decadent,soon afterwards,i have to move the painful and concentrate on my work,tried to forgot the girl,eventually ,i have got successed

01:31 PM Oct 20 2011 |

khaethe

khaethe

Philippines

this article is for all the people who thinks they cannot be mend :) i had it felt it already and im happy

02:39 AM Oct 21 2011 |

CatcheR

CatcheR

Iceland

Some people really deeply burned in it, but some just keep move on, nah I agree with the second one, I heard elderly said LOL ’’ someone left you because he /she is not the right person for you’’ so my guessing will be ’’ before we meet the right person, we must have been meeting thoSe wrong one ’’ , I think for those people can think widely and thinking about future, they know how to deal with it, it probably need time for sure the time is the best cure, and matter enough to think about moving forward not staying hurt, ’’ Life is like riding bicycle, if we want to keep our balance, we have to keep moving.’‘

07:50 AM Oct 21 2011 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

They say time cures. But I’m not sure. Once your heart is broken things will never be the same again. You change. Life goes on but the scar in your heart is to stay there forever.

11:27 AM Oct 22 2011 |

khaethe

khaethe

Philippines

no you can move on i swear ive been in your place but after how many years i realize that they dont worth the tears

02:44 AM Nov 21 2011 |