Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Censorship

spontan

spontan

Germany

please note:in less than 18 hours, the English Wikipedia will be blacked out globally to protest SOPA and PIPA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

12:34 PM Jan 17 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

can u explain?

06:37 PM Jan 19 2012 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

yes osesame i can explain the intended american censorship law SOPA and PIPA very easily …the us governments tell us they want primary a law against the pirate copy but this is only the entry for to control the internet worldwide because the biggest international internet companies you will find nowadays in USA….

SmileSmileSmile by the way englishbaby is practiced this planed censorship law in advance…your topic  American soldiers pee on Afghan bodies!!!! is deleted.maybe you can send me here your last answer in your topic i am interested to know the reason for the censorship in englishbaby Undecided

10:36 PM Jan 19 2012 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Censorship is wrong, so is one sided Propoganda.

01:14 PM Jan 20 2012 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

the topic is not deleted, spontan.

the issue of the law is not clear yet, what is behind it?

05:45 PM Jan 20 2012 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

osesame your topic American soldiers pee on Afghan bodies!!!!  is deleted ! please try by your own, click on the link and you will get only the error 404

404 – Page Not Found

We have been making cool changes to englishbaby.com for you to enjoy, so things have been moved around a bit. This may lead to some bookmarks and references to not go where they used to.

But don’t worry, we are still here and you are not lost. Just look around a bit for what you need and you may discover some exciting things along the way!

Click here to go to the English, baby! home page.

01:08 PM Jan 21 2012 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

osesame the problem is the DNS filter for everyone

the protest against the law was successful even republican congressman want now to change the law draft.

Smith to Remove DNS Blocking from SOPA

Washington, Jan 13 -

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) today said he plans to remove a provision in the Stop Online Piracy Act(H.R. 3261) that requires Internet Service Providers to block access to certain foreign websites.

Chairman Smith: “After consultation with industry groups across the country, I feel we should remove Domain Name System blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Actso that the Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision. We will continue to look for ways to ensure that foreign websites cannot sell and distribute illegal content to U.S. consumers.http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/0,1518,809442,00.html

now on saturday 21 the law sopa and pipa is shelved by the congress ,,,the protest was to big for the politician

Saturday, January 21,

2012Jonathan Weisman, New York Times

Antipiracy bills SOPA, PIPA shelved by Congress

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/20/MNOM1MS9U4.DTL

01:45 PM Jan 21 2012 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

there is starnge somthinh ahppining here, really.

i can enter the mentioned topic but i found it in a chinese forum belong to englishbaby, that’s why u can see it though i replyied you agian in it!!!

the second there are many topics i commented in , and when i try to enter i found what u mention up!!!!

what is teh solutuion , is it on intent???

10:16 AM Jan 24 2012 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Smileosesame, the owners of englishbaby getting older…once they had an open mind, they allowed free discussion with different meanings, sure sometimes it was chaotic ….but it was a kind of self-education under englishbaby members and we respected each other, even after hard discussions.

now the freedom of the speech is replaced in englishbaby through censorship, when you show  US war crimes and when you show war crimes of israel.

war crimes of other states you can show without censorship!

12:57 PM Jan 24 2012 |