Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What book do you read now ?

Alexander02

Russian Federation

I don't read often, probably because I am too lazy, but sometimes I do. Now I read "Deception Point" of Dan Brown (author of Code Da Vinci). For the first time that was quite difficult to read it as I came across a lot of unknown words and phrases.
Now I used to it and reading became a bit easier and faster. So what book do you read now and what difficulty you meet if it is not your native language?

08:27 AM Sep 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ica_82

Italy

I love read expecially novels. Now I try to read something in English to rich my vocabulary, so I decided to read the last book of Harry Potter. I think it's easy because it's a novel for kidds. It's good for practice! Have you ever read somthing of Harry Potter, even in you language?

12:11 PM Sep 25 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

I read all seven novels in the HP series. 

I don't like the way she killed Snape.

I reread the first novel in Spanish, that was good practice.

Right now I am not reading anything.

I bought a few really serious authors recently so I have not made any headway.

Luisa Valenzuela and Orhan Pamuk 

12:31 AM Sep 26 2007 |

phamtran

phamtran

Viet Nam

I like reading book very much. I read book frequently.

NOw I read some novels but I read manager books to improve my skill.

12:45 AM Sep 26 2007 |

sgtbreitner

Brazil

I´m reading for enroll at university, i like reading brazilian literature and police romance agatha christie and sidney sheldon !! 

02:08 AM Sep 26 2007 |

ica_82

Italy

What are manager books?

06:20 AM Sep 26 2007 |

Alexander02

Russian Federation

ica_82- No, I have never red HP, i only watched a couple of films about this guy and I found it interesting enough. I was advised to reed Harry Potter for the same reason that you told but I preferred another books. I like travel-novels more.

07:15 AM Sep 26 2007 |

susu.2007

susu.2007

Iraq

hi guys :)

right now im reading a book for Paulo Coelho called the Stories for Parents, Children and Grandchildren its great and yes i find words and phrases that is to difficult for me to understand i use the dictionary sometimes and some times i just predict Smile 

07:49 AM Sep 26 2007 |

antonio89kr

Italy

Hi guys :)

I love reading! I think that reading is very important to widen our knowledges! Usually I like reading novels or some books of literature because they can teach us to live better!! It's also very important to understand the message which the author of the book wants to send us….Wink Moreover we can also imagine and day-dream the story of the book!!!! Now I'm reading a book for Paulo Coelho and I think that it is a wonderful book!!! Tongue out

07:27 PM Sep 26 2007 |

Crazy in love

United Kingdom

I have read "Kaydash"s family" by Nechuy-Levitski. It is Ukranian author and it is very interestig book. It is very funny.

07:48 PM Sep 28 2007 |

NancyChocolate

China

I 'm reading the Chicken Soup to Inspire the Body and Soul lately and guidelines for tour guide.             I 'm enjoy reading Chicken Soup and it's definitely one of my favorite english book. It's a amazing book, like Harry Porter, it has magic, whenever i come cross some touchy issues, i'll tend to Chicken Soup, I know she can inspire and gave me energy and passion.  I still remember when i read the book at the first sight, I was sold and i know i find a best friend forever.

01:37 AM Sep 29 2007 |