Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Hello! I think language(English) is very important today in my country!

le mai

Viet Nam

Hi everybody!

My name's Mai. I'm Vietnam. And now I want to make friend with almost person who like English and feel it's realy very important today! Because when you know English you will talk with a lot of people in the world. Especially, you can go traveling around the world but no need any guider! And when you work if you can speak, write english fluently you will be paid a lot of money!

So, I want to make friend with you to improve my capability in english. And we can share a lot good thing even bad thing to each other! Are you agree with me?

07:46 AM Sep 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

erdene-ochir

Mongolia

hi le mai. how are doing there i hope you are trying to improve your knowledge of english and giving your best. I'm Eegi from Mongolia and have you ever heard about our country. I live in Ulaanbaatar the capital of mongolia. as for me i speak german, russian just a little sweden, and now want to improve my english. i also think  when man speaks fluently and without any problem then it's the best way to earn one's living. Mongolia is changing now and began to cooperate with many other countries in the branch such as culture, sports, investment, especially in the mining industry. but when i see the people who are liveing in poor condition, of course they are very lazy. Our welt is big and bright. there is too many oppotunity to earn money and instead of sitting nothing to do they must look around them what is going on and find out  what is the best way to do something useful for them. this is just my mind. you know people don't want to work hard and want to find big money just in simple way. not all people do so but i mean most people that i've met in my life. i'm 39 years old. my hobby is ESL. If someone tries he will see the benefit someday. this is my goal.

thank you for your attention and please say and write to me about many interesting things which occurred in your country and in your life. that will be very funny and help us to communicate in our further friendship

eegi

my e-mail address is

please send an e-mail as soon as possible

I'm waiting you reply

thanks again

bye

08:21 AM Sep 26 2007 |

le mai

Viet Nam

Hi,Thank you for your reply!

I hope can contact with you in the free time!

I'm very amazing that you know a lot of language! I think your job is a guider. Right?

And I'm very funny when I receive a long letter. I will send to you my e-mail, "", if you like you will add nick of mine in your address. We talk directly or you can send directly in my  mail box. At then I can know your mail, and we will often send mail to each other. I hope receive your mail as soon as possible in my private mail.

Thanks!

Best regard! 

08:56 AM Sep 26 2007 |

le mai

Viet Nam

Sorry, I wrote for you my  mail address but it is not shown on this web. So I cann't know your address and you are too.  Now, I try one again. My mail is .I hope this once you will be received it .

Try my best! 

09:13 AM Sep 26 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

"when you know English you will talk with a lot of people in the world. Especially, you can go traveling around the world but no need any guide."

As an English speaker, I have to say that is not true, I have often needed guides when I traveled and it is arrogant for me to expect other people to speak English when English is not the language of the country.

In fact I do not expect it. A lot of communication is also physically conveyed through body language and tone of voice, rather than just words.

"And when you work if you can speak, write english fluently you will be paid a lot of money! So, I want to make friends with you to improve my ability in English. And we can share many good things and even some bad things with each other!"

The real advantage is that you are bilingual. Your language skills or lack thereof are translated from your native language.  I used to think that adding Spanish to my repertoire would increase my marketability but more recently I have decided that my technical knowledge cannot transcend the cultural barrier as easily.

Languages demonstrate the way we think, so for those who do manage to become multilingual the skill is that they are able to evolve the way they think.

11:25 PM Sep 26 2007 |