Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Gap year!

Rushana_Ayginin

Uzbekistan

Hi everybody!Gap year of high school is notorious for being the time when teenagers are asked to make huge, life-changing decisions, many of which are influenced heavily by factors they can’t control. It’s a very stressful time!Today I would like to ask you a question about is it worth to take a gap year after graduating school in order to experience something new and be financially prepared or it is better to keep up with your peers and get a higher education as soon as possible?

09:24 AM May 25 2018 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kamilla_Karimov

Uzbekistan

Hi Rushana, I think it’s very interesting question because this problem also touched me after graduation.There is no such kind of option in our country.😐 That’s why I had to go to college, which my parents advised and I had no right to choose my future career path to another educational institution..I think taking a gap year is good way for refreshing mind which enables young people to learn more about themselves and their desire..🙏Nevertheless in my opinion there are also dangers involved in taking such a long break.A year is a long time and students could lose the good study habits and sense of discipline they had when they were in an academic structure. If they begin working, they could also be abstracted into thinking that they are making a lot of money. That’s why each young person should consider his or her motivations carefully and decide on what’s most desirable for them.🤗🤗🤗<!-/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_180525_213549_405.sdoc->

04:54 PM May 25 2018 |

javelin123

Greece

I think a gap year can be beneficial if you spend it travelling and absorbing new cultures. If there is no hurry for further education and you have the financial means then why not spend some time travelling the world and enjoying your last time of freedom before having to concentrate on a career. Plus there are so many great places to see and such a good network for travelling students, it would be easy to spend many months on the road, tripping from country to country.

05:21 PM May 25 2018 |