Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How you feel when you get a propossal from your close friend (opposite sex) !!!!! ?

Sabu

Sabu

India

Hi friends,

I am Shihab from India.

Please comment how you respond when your close friend propose you. What will be your first response? Will you accept it? Or will you continue the same friendship by rejecting the propossal?

I cannot accept such a propossal being a close friend. I would rather continue the friendship.

I always try to understand the intention at the very begining of the relationship rather than waiting for an unpleasant climax.

Feel free to comment Smile

07:21 AM Oct 23 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

blue_dreams

Turkey

hi sabu,

You re right. and I wanna add something. I think if a girl feels like friendship with a boy at the beginning ,then she doesnt feel love with him. But a boy has fallen in love with her then.( generally) its experience.

10:20 AM Oct 23 2007 |

Sabu

Sabu

India

Exactly….. You are wonderful!!!!!!!!!

10:28 AM Oct 23 2007 |

qayum

Afghanistan

It is very rare to find male and female keeping the friendship for a long time, at some point they will cut the friendship or one of them may propose for marriage or other sexual relation. Am I right?

Regard,

10:48 AM Oct 23 2007 |

qayum

Afghanistan

I don't think that I would reject such a proposal. I will just accept it.  

10:50 AM Oct 23 2007 |

blue_dreams

Turkey

thanks sabu. u, too

and gayum first of all wheres u r profile? and then I dont think so, I think female dont propose to male. if she really feels like friendship..

03:45 PM Oct 24 2007 |

Sabu

Sabu

India

qayum, I don’t agree with you. If they cut their friendship at  some point, then definitely the relationship is not 'true friendship'. At least one of them might have felt some other and not friendship. I am telling my experience. You know when I was doing last year graduation, I found a pretty good girl in the Welcome party  given to freshers.I found myself attracted on her.My friend introduced me to her. Alas!! she is my neighbor.  But I was afraid to say her that I  fallen in love with her. So I pretended friendship with her and it continued for almost 6 months. At last on the day of farewell I disclosed the truth.She exploded!!!. Since then she was not at all cared about me. I was really sad and tried many ways to resolve this.Another 6 months gone. I have decided not to see or enquire about her. Again after one month she called me to my landline and asked me what happened to me why I am not regard her. And she told me to meet one day. So I meet her after one week and told “First of all I am sorry for making all these happen. Day After tomorrow I will leave to Chennai for higher studies. I hope you put out of your mind the past.”  She replied “You are wrong, for the past one month you were not at all caring me. I realized how painful you are and all these just because of me. You would have told me this at the beginning. How many times I have asked you this? ( Yes she used to ask me frequently whether I am loving her or true friendship) Everyday I thought of calling you , but I was not daring to make a call. I apologize for hurting you” I said“I am so sorry, this is a great lesson for me. I am not supposed to hide my love from you. I would have told frankly. But I was afraid if you reject the proposal you will not talk me anymore. So I decided to pretend and enjoy your beauty. Since I am leaving here, please forget the dark lesson. Will you?” She replied “I cannot forget you” I said “You must. I am leaving to another city. I cant survive a shock anymore. Once again I apologize my dear friend. Good bye” I don’t know whether she accepted my proposal at the end. Whatever I got a lesson from this. Here my intension was love at the beginning itself. That caused the failure of a girl’s friendship .

04:15 AM Oct 25 2007 |

blue_dreams

Turkey

I m dejected for u sabu. The platonic love is bad if opposite sex dont answer u r feeling. I dont feel platonic love. everytime I get answer:) if I have fallen in love with some1  I dont keep in my soul. I think some1 keeps  feelings in his/her soul, he/she thinks that the love is wrong!! or he/she cant trust himself/herself…is it right???

12:28 PM Oct 26 2007 |

Sabu

Sabu

India

Yes blue dreams.. I agree with you, but I told already I was afraid of missing her.

02:21 AM Oct 29 2007 |

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

It's very difficult, truly, according to my own experience. I was proposed twice by two different male friends and I was extremely surprised because I don't understand how they got that idea.

I have been a  good friend, even like brother-sister, with them. I never show any special affections that could lead them to such idea. I don't even go out alone with either of them.

So, I told them frankly about my feeling. I didn't want to upset them but i think that is the best way for them. I want our friendships to continue forever.

04:24 PM Nov 03 2007 |

randy15

Uganda

A friend of mine had a close friend. He later developed deep love for her and one day he approached her. She was against it. She told him he was like a brother to her. He kept pushing her until the girl finally accepted him.

The girl tried to love him and gave up. She told him about it that it was piontless to carry on. My friend was so hurt and they stopped being friends. He regretted what he did because it cost them dearly.

06:23 AM Nov 05 2007 |