Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

hmm...Croatia??

andri

andri

Croatia

Well…I'm writing for a school newspaper and I have to write about how many people know and what they know about my city and my country…

so I was thinking: What do you/the foreigners think about Croatia? What did you hear about it? What is first thing on your mind when you hear the word Croatia…and so on…

please be honest and write few sentences…even if you don't know anything about it say it…

I have to write something!!! 

thank you :)

05:32 PM Nov 28 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

eckhart

Czech Republic

First thingI remember whan you say Croatia is that they beat england in footbal. Next year, it will be bad tournament without england, but, Croatians were better, so it is fair.  Another things?  You have clear sea and beautiful landscape – many tourists are interested in it! I have never been there, but  some of my friends have sad it was nice to be there.  Some places from your country i know from tv.

05:53 PM Nov 28 2007 |

Luthien

Luthien

Serbia and Montenegro

Hi, well, one of my friends goes to Croatia regularly, and he likes it a lot, he says you have really pretty girls. I`ve been passing through Croatia, but never stooped anywhere long enough to make up my mind about it, although I`d like to see Zagreb.

Hope you`ll write a nice report!

P.S. svidja mi se snupi :))

06:37 PM Nov 28 2007 |

andri

andri

Croatia

Thank you for your replies…and I would like to know where you're from (eckhart)...

and I also hope  that I'll write a  good report but I can do it only with your help! :)

07:49 PM Nov 28 2007 |

eckhart

Czech Republic

Im from Czech republic

08:16 PM Nov 28 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

Nothing, sorry.

12:31 AM Nov 29 2007 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Croatia is a paradise for sailer's,clean water hundred of island,a lot of bays and creeks for save anchor.But Croatia is for me a old fishermen with one leg,he took care to my boat in the war times.once i ask him where he lost his leg…he lost his leg in the second world war,through German bombs…after a while silence i ask him and you don't hate the German you invite me for lunch on your boat,you know i am a German.He answered: don't be worry about this,you wasn't born at this time and when you go in the war, you must also accept the risk.The tragedies is going on: he lost his son in the time of the last war in Croatia ,he suffers a lot,but he loves the sea. "The old man and the sea" is not fiction from hemming way!the old man and the sea has been real, he lived with his wife till 2004 on his boat,island murter.

10:49 AM Nov 29 2007 |

andri

andri

Croatia

wow…interesting…I'm not sure I get it but…cool Tongue out

06:36 PM Nov 29 2007 |

andri

andri

Croatia

haha…I understand…that's because the letter R is pronounced differently in our language Laughing...but of course there are a lot of people who pronounce it right in English

06:37 PM Nov 30 2007 |

andri

andri

Croatia

hh… Embarassed

04:50 PM Dec 04 2007 |