Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

FAMILY OR...?

say_notono@yahoo.com

Viet Nam

Hi everybody,

Do you want to live with your family under the same roof or do you want to live independently to have your own life? Give me your reasons please!

04:25 PM Dec 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

w.y.j.

w.y.j.

China

I think i will live with my family, my parent  nurture me 20years,spend all life of them,  they are old now,i think it is my job to care them.

08:19 AM Dec 08 2007 |

say_notono@yahoo.com

Viet Nam

Your parents must be happy hearing your words. Wish you a happy time with your family.

Is there any other ideas? The situation here is when you get married.Laughing

02:25 PM Dec 08 2007 |

heythem

Tunisia

me i live with my family now,and i dont think that i will leave them because i love themthey spent all their life to teech me and grow me so its necessary  to stay with them and make them happy

07:01 PM Dec 08 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

I owe an apology for that say.. now I edited it.. If getting married well you must share in one roof… we've been attached to our family since childhood to adulthood, now is the time to separate in other roof but that doesn't mean to be away with your family..our attachment on them still there… 

01:39 AM Dec 09 2007 |

nideke

China

sometime I may think live my family ;sometime I may think live myown life.Because sometime  my father will snap at me when he think i do wrong thing .But in fact ,i have not do anything wrong .He makes annoyed,so i want live my own .On the other hand i want live my family .I want my parents care,and my mother will do some dilicious things for me to eat .

03:12 AM Dec 09 2007 |

Anderolya

Anderolya

Belarus

I’ve lived separately from my family since I was 17. Now I’m almost 23. I so got used to live without my parents. Don’t get me wrong. My parents are awesome, but I have my own life and I have to build my own family. I think parents wouldn’t help me in it. Anyway, I love my parents. I call them every week, and chat online every other day. But actually living with them.. No, thanks…

04:33 AM Dec 09 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

To those who are married well..i guess its not nice to stay with your parents…you have your own life now… building a new family of your own..but it does not mean a total abandon of your family (parents)..they are still there no matter what…you can visit them as often as you want…and for those who are still single..well i guess there is nothing wrong with staying with your parents..you don't have your own family to take care of yet…but just hope that you also help yourself also not just being dependent from them all the time…

06:37 AM Dec 09 2007 |

skydancer

skydancer

Philippines

hi! sweet10hearts..i agree of what you said..perfect!

10:31 AM Dec 09 2007 |

baluu9

baluu9

Germany

i want to live with my parents bcoz i love them

11:06 AM Dec 09 2007 |

jurian

China

live with my family or live independently?

i think i will choose the second,but not exactly

you know everyone has his own life ,of course ,which include my parents and me

i love my parents very much ,meanwhile i want to have my own life

so ,maybe ,one day when i marry someone,i will buy two apartments which are near each other ,and one for me and my husband ,the other for my parents

so my husband and i can have our time, at the same time ,we can vist  my parents easily

11:29 AM Dec 09 2007 |