Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Which city do you like the most?

iriszhang2008

China

Which city do you like the most? and why?

hey! I am from china and I only know the city of  Chinese well.

I like Shanghai the most. because it's a modern, cosmopolitan, civilised and westernised city. do you think so?

02:48 PM Dec 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

qdxuyang

China

I like my hometown Qingdao most!!I love the sea,sun,sand and the bear!!!It is a pity that I never go abroad and I wish I can make it in the near future!!

02:55 PM Dec 09 2007 |

posya.ua

posya.ua

Ukraine

I like my native city Zaporizhzhya.

It's famous for its great and brave history. The city's Khortytsia Island wchich faces modern Zaporizhzhya across the Dnieper River, was one of the historic locations for the Zaporizhyan Sich – the main fortress capital of the Cossack State and the Cossack Hetmanate Republic.

It has the biggest nuclear power plant in Europe, unique for its structure hydroelectric power plant known as 'DnieproGES', the longest street in Europe - Lenin's prospect.
Also there was produced famous car 'Zaporozhec' (famous for the amount of anecdotes about it).

But Zaporizhzhya isn't safe for all visitors, because of its ecological situation. When my friend from the rather clean European city came to me, he had awful headache, cold, temperature and other not pleasant symtomps.

Anyway, I like it just because I was born here.

04:20 PM Dec 09 2007 |

w.y.j.

w.y.j.

China

i love guanyang,o(∩_∩)o it's a small village of guilin.there is all recollection of me.

04:20 PM Dec 09 2007 |

Amaru

Amaru

Saudi Arabia

i like Kyoto the most!...it's a wonderful historical city in Japan. it's called the living museum because of its temples & the historical old buildings & places…i wish to visit it someday!

by the way…Shanghai is a wonderful city, i saw it on a documentary program!

05:01 PM Dec 09 2007 |

Eman dabbas

Jordan

I  like Makkah and AL-Madenah( in S.Arabia) and ofcouse my city: Salt in Jordan.

why:

for Makkah and AL-Madenah:

they are holy places for muslims , when i visited them in last Ramadan i wasv.cofortable,v. happy, they are different from any place in anywhere.

Makkah where prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him ) ordered from Allah to leave his wife and son there, where prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) was born,

AL-Madenah where prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) lived, and you visit it you feel like that he is still alive!!!!!!! it`s a nice feeling

Salt: it`s where i was born and where i`m living now.

11:51 AM Dec 10 2007 |

spy20

spy20

Oman

of course i love my wounderful country

oman

07:44 PM Dec 10 2007 |

iriszhang2008

China

Thanks for all your messages. Especially some one share with us the pictures. How beautiful they are!

03:44 AM Dec 11 2007 |

iriszhang2008

China

Thanks for all your messages. Especially some one share with us the pictures. How beautiful they are!

03:44 AM Dec 11 2007 |

kevin7898

kevin7898

China

Haha to me i love nothing but beautifull you

05:09 AM Dec 11 2007 |

jimoliuxing

China

hi ,I am from china.Shang hai is a wonderful city ,and I like it .

Why;life and work are a kind of quick rhythm.If you are capable of doing something,you can do what you want.

05:58 AM Dec 11 2007 |