Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

ARE WE SAYING THE TRUTH?????????

someone111

someone111

Saudi Arabia

Are we rally saying the truth Sealed

It is an easy question to answer, but ….....

What can I get from saying the truth  that what stop me .

HAVE YOU EVER LIED WHEN YOU THOUGHT THAT LIEING IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET you OUT OF TRUBLE??????Cool

09:37 AM Jul 28 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

Hello someone :)

Well… when I was a kid, I remember I used to lie a lot, mostly in situations in which I felt inferior (when asked by someone who painted beautifully, pretending my hobby was drawing, for instance). But I lost the ability ;) when I grew up. I became a bad liar, blushing, unable to stop myself from smiling when I told a lie, forgetting what I had invented, and feeling awfully guilty… except when I had to protect some food!! :D (animal instinct?…). For instance, one day (I was something like 16) I was about to share some biscuits with a friend when another girl, who always took and never gave, came around. She heard me say the name of the biscuits and of course jumped on the opportunity, hand outstretched already. And then, to my own surprise, I told her without even thinking that we were about to stand for an exam, and that "I have the name of the biscuits" simply meant I was afraid! And she believed me!! But then again, with the passing of time, I've gradually stopped lying altogether. When I don't know or understand something, I say it. I'd rather be seen like a fool than die one :). When I have something to say, well I say it too. So here is what life has taught an ex-liar: lying is a waste of time. It creates fake relationships – how could you be loved if you don't let people see your true self? And how could you even love if you don't know yourself? For lying makes you appear as someone you're not, keeps you comfortably hiding, cowering behind a mask, thus preventing you from facing your own flaws. And if one never questions his own behaviour, never looks deep down into himself, how will he ever grow? Truth hurts sometimes, indeed. But being yourself is the most important thing, and if some people turn away from what you are, some others will remain and those – often few – ones, believe me, are really meant to share your life. Lying is being like a little kid, who needs to be loved by everyone; creating images to make good impression on the viewer, or even to trick himself into believing he is actually what he says. Telling the truth is accepting oneself, good and bad, which allows one to attract, and to keep, the precious ones, people who do really matter. Or at least that's my philosophy.

Mmm, another very short post from

Yun 

12:19 AM Jul 29 2006 |

someone111

someone111

Saudi Arabia

I'm really happy for you.

Let 'm be frank with you …..

no body never lied and will never lie .

but who admit it and who doesn't.

I hope you the best.

01:52 PM Jul 29 2006 |

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

Well dear, real liars never admit they are liars ! :D

12:45 PM Jul 30 2006 |

Felice

Felice

Philippines

This is what is learning all about.  Yunie is a wise woman.  I admire her for her truthfullness and honesty.   Telling the truth hurts all the time, not just sometimes, especially if someone is afraid to hear criticsm about her/himself. 

You know what?  in truth there's peace and happiness.  Think about it.

01:51 PM Aug 18 2006 |

cherr

cherr

China

we all liars,sometimes we even lied to ourselves,are we?

sometimes there are really some benefits,such as: giving someone courage or make him feel better…so lying is not fearfully!Cool

01:31 AM Aug 20 2006 |

helen2569

helen2569

China

hi,someone, i agree with you, nobody never lied and will never lie. sometimes we need a lie to get out of trouble or to avoid hurting someone else, there are also white lies or kind lies. Lies are not always bad, and people who tell lies are not always bad.

01:18 PM Feb 15 2009 |