Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

The Mummy Returns

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Hey guys,
Has any of you seen the mummy returns? I just saw it a week ago (well, we Thai people are always a couple of months behind when it comes to entertainment). It was okay but I personally thought that this sequel had too much special effect. Besides, I didn’t like the way it ended, it seemed unreasonable to me. How could a woman who sacrificed her life for her lover and waited for him for thousands of years just run away like that? Anyway, it’s just a movie.

What do you guys think?
Mameow

07:29 AM Jun 26 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

studyowen

China

Yes, I saw it, but I think this movie has too many the same things as its “predecessor: Mummy”, like the plot and special effect. When I saw the bug burrowing into the person’s body and making a lump that were moving slowly between the person’s skin and flesh first time, I feel scared and uncomfortable, but When this scene appeared second time, I feel nothing. So I think this movie was short of creative things or new ideas, it can not attract me again. Anyway, I think, perhaps many people didn’t see its “predecessor”, its box office is at No1 level for a long time, maybe it is two weeks? so it is worth watching.

12:08 AM Jun 27 2001 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

I saw this movie long time ago, so I almost forgot the plot…but it's not my favorite type…i dont get what the movie was trying to tell us…anyway, There's no accounting for tastes (Tastes differ). ;-)

08:40 AM Sep 20 2006 |