Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

which actors are the best??

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

actors are from  many countries  (not only hollywood stars), we have Japanese , Syrian,Indian, British …. and so on , so who do you think are the best in acting , what movies you prefer to watch from the above nationalities?

09:04 AM May 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Toto Red

Toto Red

Russian Federation

Christina Ricci

11:56 AM May 20 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Of the nationalities you put above the british actors are well known and recognized by the Academy awards.

But in the other hand, there´s only a few festivals that support and project foreign movies with extraordinary performances. And worst, in many countries foreign movies are not shown because they use to be not commercial movies (like the Hollywood superproductions).

03:20 PM May 20 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

I totally agree with Cool but  It's not hollywood's guilt that they have encouraged  thier countrys' actors by supporting financially   festivals like the  grammies and oscars . The American media is so strong that it made its movies and festivals(internationally) a standard for fame and successeed . however there are so many even young actors from differwent countriea that can reach hollewood' standard. 

05:52 AM May 21 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Yeah! Because usually the Hollywood standards are pretty faces and amazing bodies!!!

There´s a lot of really good actors waiting for an opportunity!! I believe in the last 2 years the people has been opened to experiment and to know about another countries and cultures.

For example, I can tell that many mexican actors have more opportunities now than 5 years ago. Mexican only appear in movies like thiefs, drug dealers and doing cleaning. Now little by little they started to appear in more important roles at the movies.

I expect the same for actors of foreign countries.

02:16 PM May 21 2008 |

Blessedguy

Blessedguy

Brazil

Nowadays there´s nobody better Will Smith. Because He is an excellent actor and a great person behind the cameras. Magazines and newspapers in all the world try to catch him in any embarassing situation, but they never manage to do it. In that last one "I´m the legend", He proved one more time, He is the best of the world, playing up almost all the time by himself. That´s why in my point, Will Smith is for while the best one!

Bye. Tongue out 

07:38 PM May 22 2008 |

silvioschiavon

Brazil

Fernanda montenegro – brazilian

05:52 PM May 23 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

thanks guy and selvio but what I meant is the nation in general , who is the best nation in acting not your favourite actorCool thanks for posting,,,,,bye

09:33 AM May 25 2008 |

piltir

piltir

Spain

The truth it's difficult to see movies from other countries but from from English-speaking ones.

Also, it depends on the kind of movie and the atmosphere that is wanted. Actors from different cultures will express logically diferently, cause their behaving in real life is also different. Japanese express a lot with the eyes, south america express a lot with the voice cause it is usually louder… So it's difficult to compare and chose a favourite Tongue out

08:36 PM May 25 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

new informayion …never heard of it…but sometimes it's obvios to tell that an actor is briliant or that he is just doing he's job don't you agree?? 

06:45 AM May 26 2008 |

InFaTuaTiOn

Saudi Arabia

nicolas cage  – u.s.a  is the best in my opinion

11:21 PM May 28 2008 |