Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

maya_run

maya_run

Thailand

I prefer to reading books first because I think that we absorb the story that the writer try to communicate to us and it will feel much deep inside then I will go to cinema for movies to watch them that all the director and actror/actress could make us have an emotion or feel with like when I read it or not.

04:10 AM Oct 29 2008 |

sherrybreeze

China

read the book
then of course i will be disappointed about the film

03:17 PM Oct 29 2008 |

jingelheimer

Sweden

Read the book. 

they always skip stuff when they make a movie :P

03:33 PM Oct 29 2008 |

grottesca

grottesca

Germany

I like to read the book first. There's usually a lot more details, and you can imagine things for yourself. They usually leave a lot out of the movies and you don't get a chance to imagine the characters for yourself.

10:06 PM Oct 29 2008 |

MissMc

MissMc

Turkey

I would like to create charecters in my imagination world then of course I prefer reading because when you read you can use your mind but in the film there is sth given to you and all you can do is watch…

07:52 PM Oct 30 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

I do totally agree – books first. It wouldn't be too shy if I'd say that my own imagination is much reacher than modern computer effects could do Laughing Moreover, I don't like faces of my favourite characters to be replaced by film-stars I'm not very fond of (except for Johnny Depp maybe Embarassed).

And speaking about Harry Potter: I first watched a movie – and if it hadn't been for my friend, who had read a book beforehand, sitting beside me and giving explanations, I wouldn't  have understood a thing Smile

08:28 AM Nov 01 2008 |

Rotsen

Rotsen

Venezuela

I prefer read the book first, 'cause reading it I can imagine all the scenes, characters and places that describe in it! It's most interesting so.!

08:31 PM Nov 01 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Most of the times is better to read the books than see the film adaptions of them. Directors tend to change some situations, eliminate characters of the history, ages, or even the ending of the movie doesn´t match with the book´s one!!

07:30 PM Nov 05 2008 |

szandy

China

I prefer movie for the reason of less time on it.

07:48 AM Nov 06 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Read book first..and movie if i think it's good!! anyway, book always better than its movie.I ever read Da vinci code,but its movie..hm, i was little bit dissapointed. But..anyway sometimes book and its movie have same great, such as LASKAR Pelangi…it's a great novel and its movie so sweet and unforgetable..

11:20 AM Dec 18 2008 |