Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Is rock music good for yong people?

Catherine Jessia

China

In my understanding,rock music is good for us teenagers,because every time I feel bad I can set the bad feelings out in the rock music,and then calm dawn.Rock music is not just lould sound,it can also tell us to be helpful,synpathetic and pay attention to the socety.

03:39 PM Oct 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Catherine Jessia

China

can you tell me the reason why you think rock isn't good for yong people?just becaus that you don't like it or some other things happened around you make you think so

04:11 AM Oct 11 2008 |

小菜兔

小菜兔

China

i think rock is good for us ,i love rock very much !

08:48 AM Oct 11 2008 |

Catherine Jessia

China

小菜兔:thanks for your reply.Now I'm doing a reserch in my school.and the topic is the quesion you answered.so can you do me a favor to tell me why it's good for us eenagers beyounds my opinions?

03:32 PM Oct 11 2008 |

TTA

TTA

Germany

Hi people,

I think many young people and also pupils of my school like hearing rock. It is in my opinion a kind of energy which you can feel. When you dance in a crowd of people on a floor during a rock song it helps to connect you with people, so it developes a spirit community. From this point of view it is "good" for youg peopleLaughing

08:21 PM Oct 11 2008 |

hoa hong co don

Viet Nam

I don't think it's good for young people. However, I don't object to listening rock because I also hear this kind of music sometimes.

09:27 AM Oct 16 2008 |

KasTra

KasTra

Russian Federation

Yeah!!!! It's perfect ))))))

People strart to listen to rock,when they start think by themselves and realise that government,fashion, tv, everything "popular" are trying to make you into zombie.

Why zombie?

Zombie is simple to control…

so …think…

08:52 AM Oct 18 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

and don´t you think that many rockers are also only zombies?..I like and listen to rock but i donˇt think that it has something to do with intelligence coz i know many rockers who are really vacuum heads..they are saying for example how they hate society and system,but they doesnˇt know why…only because true rockers have to do that…they are also only slaves…

06:26 PM Oct 18 2008 |

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

Rock is for any generation, is just perfect. And the really rockers are pretty clever, Jim Morrison has an IQ of 149, just for example.

The rock is the kind of music that could do anything, since put you down to make you happy or encourage.

ROCK FOR EVER CARAJO !!!!!!!!!!  

12:39 AM Oct 19 2008 |

KasTra

KasTra

Russian Federation

Lord_Raven, yeah…in some way u're right too..rock is good until u don't make it into "fasion",don't make idols..hm!!! btw,everything is good in normal quantity =)

in my opinion, the way of rocker and all informal ppl is not repeating "oi! punks not dead" and bla-bla-bla after everyone.. For me it's the analysis of ur own soul. Rock is the most "thinking" music. I really laugh then rap-r'n'b-lovers trying to make me sure that in rock there is no meaning, that it's just a noise… Mda. Wink

btw, there is a theory that all ppl are divided into slaves&kings . for slaves it's ok to be controlled, for  kings is usual to control{i don't remember the author}...so vacuum heads can be in pop and rock culture. everywhere, we are all ppl )))))))

07:06 AM Oct 20 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

of course KasTra….it is the very thing i tried to say:)...in every subculture there are some ˇthinkingˇ people(i even know one rap-lover who is really thinking:D)as well as many idiots….and not only in every subculture,but also in every culture,every religion,every state,and blablabla:)....but the truth is that lyrics of rock songs are much more intelligent than lyrics of hiphops,pop or rnb songs…....i think Nietzsche said something like that dividing ppl into slaves and kings..or people with slaves morality and kings morality…and in my opinion its true:)

10:41 AM Oct 20 2008 |