Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

what do you prefer, the lyrics or the rhythm?

cheekyangel

Philippines

what do you prefer, more in the lyrics or more in the rhythm?why?

01:44 PM Jul 08 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

cheekyangel

Philippines

for me.

I would go for BOTH :P

and the reason is…. later….:P

01:50 PM Jul 08 2009 |

Amerat

Amerat

Poland

both!

10:36 AM Jul 11 2009 |

mooonlight

mooonlight

Turkey

generally rhythm is better for me:P

but there are some songs that i like for the lyrics..

01:35 PM Jul 11 2009 |

Calli

Germany

I agree to CRANberry.

But for me the right formular must be: lyrics+rythem=musicLaughing

07:26 PM Aug 11 2009 |

harmonyS

harmonyS

Italy

actually both..but i guess rhytm is more important for me..i don't know i think its related with my mood:)

06:44 PM Aug 19 2009 |

Pep_Benidorm

Spain

Absolutely music (rythm + melody). There are a lot of great songs without lyrics and very good songs whose lyrics I can't understand. However, a song without rythm and melody is simply poetry.

03:47 PM Aug 25 2009 |

Naty :P

Naty :P

Ukraine

Rhythm :) I can hear songs that totally have no idea what they are about :D but the lyrics definately add more soul to the song  and make the song even more perfect :) 

06:27 PM Sep 26 2009 |

Angelis

United States

I pay attention to the rhythm first and if it attracts me, I go look up the lyrics.  But that's only when I don't understand the song, if it's in a different language or so (Chinese, Japanese, Korean…).  I believe that the lyrics are what make up the rhythm though, not the other way around.

10:53 PM Oct 02 2009 |

.flor

.flor

Argentina

i think that both are very important for a good song..
anyway, i prefer the rhythm..
it´s not the same if u are listening to a beatiful song, talking about love and life, but the rhythm is rock than if the rhythm is pop, or quiter than the others!

03:33 AM Oct 03 2009 |

TranceGirl85

Netherlands

well..for me the rythm is more important ,meaning the kind of music that i just love…sometimes the lyric even makes the track worse, but as like Naty said it adds a soul to the song and makes it just amazing.

I think TRANCE is probably the  only one that doesn't need a lyric to sound incredible..and it sounds like that!

12:28 PM Oct 03 2009 |