Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Phonetic Transcription

britdam007

britdam007

India

You should’ve been there!

I would’ve been happy without you.

For both the examples in the above can you please mention the phonetic transcription for the contracted form of should’ve been  and would’ve been respectively? I need you to give the phonetic transcription for the contracted form of both the modals that you would have used or spoken in fluent or daily life English please? Are you with me?

Best regards,

Abhishek

07:59 AM Dec 12 2015 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi,

First, you may hear some small variations in pronunciation in different parts of the US. However, these are the two most common ways of pronouncing these phrases.

Average or formal speech:

/ʃʊdəv bɪn/

/wʊdəv bɪn/

Fast or relaxed speech:

/ʃʊdə bɪn/

/wʊdə bɪn/

Best,

Amy

12:21 AM Dec 14 2015 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

Could you teach me accent please? Please???? I’d give you anything you want? We could do it through Skype? Look, my membership is expiring on 8th Jan,16. So PLEASE PLEASE let me konw ASAP?? I’ll be on tenterhooks.

Best regards,

Abhishek

07:54 AM Dec 14 2015 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi, 

Thank you very much for complimenting me with this request. :)

Unfortunately, my schedule is too busy right now to consider private classes. However, you may be able to make some great practice connections with other learners by continuing your Ebaby! subscription. And, of course, I will always be able to answer your questions here.

My Best,

Amy

05:42 PM Dec 15 2015 |