Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

MP3s/Podcasts for beginners?

MichaelK

United States

Hi again, Everybody.

Thank you for your responses to my question about using MP3s/podcasts in the ESL classroom. Your suggestions were very helpful!

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to use the same kind of material with a class of beginners. How can beginners benefit from lessons with MP3s/podcasts? Are there any out there that are appropriate to that level?

Thanks for your help!

08:23 PM Aug 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Anna The English Teacher

United Kingdom

I find using a variety of different resources keeps things interesting for the students and you ! It is also of great benefit for the to hear as much English as possible. It is also great to hear a variety of different accents. I have been producing some great videos please feel free to use any that you would like. Please visit http://skype-englishschool.com/blog/annas-english-lesson-day-20 This is on word stress. I find that once a student cracks the music of English it really helps them!

Anna

01:36 AM Sep 11 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

very nice lesson, Anna. I also find that when students start to understand word stress (and later sentence stress) their pronunciation and confidence improve greatly. 

I plan to check out the rest of your videos. 

02:04 AM Sep 11 2009 |