Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

the english teaching in china

China

i do not    understand   the  chinese  english teaching  ways,i think it is killing  the chinese youthand tjhe chinese english teachers.chinese educational  gover just  ask tjhe students to get hign marks,but the students  are just the wooden   leaners  of the languages.

02:01 PM Oct 14 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kiri10

kiri10

Philippines

As what I have observed, the new chinese generation is doing good in english.hehe.. I've met many chinese kids and I myself can attest that their english skill is advancing. Actually, learning is within yourself. In other words, you can't totally question the teaching ability of the english teachers (chinese) in China if they have produced not intellectually competitive students. To those Chinese students out there, here's my say: Study english very well. Don't rely every piece of knowledge on the teachers. Also try to explore things by yourself. Be always here at Englishbaby and you will learn things that you will never learn in school.hehe! Goodluck!!

06:50 AM Oct 15 2009 |

shucizhuting

China

As I know ,many students in China do better in writen  english than oral english .of cause ,someone will blame  the   teaching  ways of chinese teachers .in my opinion,as kiri10 said ,lerning is within yourself.For there are many friends can use english well,both written english and oral english.

03:26 AM Oct 20 2009 |

c123450

Hong Kong

Yes,I think we learn english in china or HK is difficult.We cannot speak or learn english well because we live in there that is very few opportunities to contact english.I am a student in HK.I feel I live in HK is hard to get high mark.

12:00 PM Nov 13 2009 |

Roger78

Roger78

China

Lack of opportunities to speak English within the Chinese society, and do not need to speak English also in everyday life. We can not afford to go to UK or USA to travel for most of the Chinese people.

04:43 AM Nov 27 2009 |

blueling

China

in my opinion, chinese student need more practice to use what their learnt. and the school need offer this opportunity to us.

07:06 AM Nov 27 2009 |

ahen611

ahen611

China

there is something wrong with chinese education system!nowaydays children since two years old begin to learn english ,but when they go to the primary school or middle scholl,their english level is almost same with children learning english in normal age.education still pays more attention to written examinations and only persues high scores.but to our relief,china is making much effors to improve  oral english of people .there is still a long way to go !

01:01 PM Dec 16 2009 |

Alburt

Alburt

China

I dont agree with u.It s not too bad even it s not perfect and has some problems.

03:24 AM Jan 17 2010 |

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

I wounder why english is important to chinses student if you can learn differrent kinds of sciences in your own toungue language??

cheer up

08:23 PM Jan 22 2010 |

chixingzhou

China

of course, the problem exists because of the system.Students in the class is not free,they are just watching the teachers's speech. For them,reaction to the teachers is the best thing we can expect.No baby can learn his language by watching others's lips,he should have the situation and a real situation which calls for his feeling and emotion.

06:30 AM Jan 25 2010 |