Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

what kind of clothes should I wear in my first teaching experience?

dilek23

dilek23

Turkey

hi,

I'm a future english teacher.I'm gonna start my training before long,but  dont know what to put on:( All that I know is that I shouldnt wear casual clothes,nothing more…

could u pls suggest to me what I should wear?

looking forward to hearing from ya as soon as possible,take good care,

bye for the time being,

Dilek,

07:46 PM Feb 04 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

Well, i’m still a student, and when i see the teacher i prefer her/him wearing casual clother . . . Some teachers put on strict suits , but i don’t think that it’s kinda cool :) you’d better wear t – shirt and jeans :) be closer to the class :) they will feel better and less official and will work better:)

08:20 PM Feb 04 2010 |

dilek23

dilek23

Turkey

oh Zambuka,thanks for your suggestion,but there are some rules in Turkish public schools .For instance,as far as I know,it s not allowed that we can wear jeans.By the way,it is really significant for a teacher to create a friendly and sincere class atmospehere with her/his pupils.I'm right there with ya,mate!

oh confused:):)

thankss dear

10:02 PM Feb 04 2010 |

khaled m

khaled m

Lebanon

you're 23 years old.for that,I think you should wear a strict suits,for many days.

After that you can put anythings cause the students will know you better.

09:44 AM Feb 05 2010 |

brahimberrabah

Algeria

hi dear it is not a question of beeing cusual or not, but clothes reveal our personality. so be careful of what you wear. no one in my point of view can give a theory of what a teacher should wea. you can't satisfy the tast of a class any way. be yourself . look for the good qualities you have and show them to your students i am sure that your students will love beeing with you. injoy your teaching and good luck 

11:32 AM Feb 05 2010 |

mebono

mebono

Egypt

I agree with Mr. Khaled

01:13 PM Feb 05 2010 |

dilek23

dilek23

Turkey

oh thanks for all your suggestions mates…

10:42 PM Feb 05 2010 |

Konan1980

Konan1980

Mexico

You have to feel good and safe of you. Cool, nice, casual, fashion without to exaggerate. :)

11:50 PM Feb 05 2010 |

Youth

Youth

Saudi Arabia

I advise you to watch a Japanese drama. It is called " The Queen of Classroom ". Its kinda about how the teacher's clothes can affect the students' attitude toward their teacher, and it shows that sometimes your clothes can force your srudents to respect or disrespect you.

03:55 PM Feb 07 2010 |

dilek23

dilek23

Turkey

ulya:):):)

07:18 PM Feb 08 2010 |

dilek23

dilek23

Turkey

Konan thankssss:)

07:19 PM Feb 08 2010 |