Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

How to Speak English Fluently - 7 secrets

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

A lot of my students ask me how to speak English fluently.  It's kind of a "buzz word" in non native speaking countries.  I've probably been asked it over 1000 times in my life.  I used to just say stuff like "practice more, don't be shy, learn new words and use them" but then I realized I was just being lazy and not really helping anyone with my advice.  I noticed some students could speak well while others almost made no improvement.  I finally decided to think carefully about what made the difference.

1.  Fluent English speakers study every day.  They are super consistent.  The students who study hard right before the test and then do nothing for the rest of the time never seem to speak well.

2.  Another thing I noticed is that students who learned how to speak fluently challenged themselves and didn't just follow the boring textbook.  They didn't make excuses about how boring the class was, and instead found some system that worked for them.  

There are a bunch of more things these "successful" students did and I spent the afternoon writing about it.  I wrote 7 articles that if you follow, you'll be able to speak like a native speaker soon.  Trust me.  How to Speak English Fluently

02:12 PM Aug 14 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

enumma eles

Iraq

thank you so much you good man

11:31 PM Aug 16 2010 |

kkahraman

Turkey

thanks for that topic

10:43 AM Aug 18 2010 |

creed33

United States

The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition.
It’s perfect thought from my side.
--

Web Marketing

02:30 AM Aug 19 2010 |

creed33

United States

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and
needs to be appreciated by everyone.
--

Web Marketing

02:32 AM Aug 19 2010 |

creed33

United States

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and
needs to be appreciated by everyone.
--

Web Marketing

02:33 AM Aug 19 2010 |

Kemalettin

Turkey

thanks

10:31 PM Aug 19 2010 |

Kemalettin

Turkey

thanks

10:31 PM Aug 19 2010 |

alshraah

Jordan

Thank for this topic , Let us learm more about this.

02:15 PM Aug 21 2010 |

miym

miym

Sudan

thnx so much

11:33 AM Aug 22 2010 |

happy.leila80

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

hi, i know a lot of words but i dont know i cant speak very well. i would like to speak english well but… please tell me what do i do? i study english for a long time . in addation i say to you it that i'mnot a foolish girlSmile but…

12:59 PM Aug 22 2010 |