Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Funny story of three friends who came to the New York City!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

*Not long ago, three friends came to the New York city. They decided to stay in a hotel during the visit. It so happened that their room ended up being on the 60th floor. The policy of the hotel was that every night after 12:00 a.m. the elevators are shut down for security reasons. So on the next day, the three friends rented a car and went out to explore the city. They enjoyed movies, concerts, and other things throughout the whole day. At one point, they remembered that they have to get back to the hotel before 12 a.m. When they arrived, it was beyond 12 a.m. at night. The elevators were shut down. There was no other way to get back to their room but to take the stairs all the way to the 60th floor. All of a sudden, one friend got an idea. He said “For the first 20 floors, I will tell jokes to keep us going. Then another one of us could say wisdom stories for the next 20 floors. Then, we will cover the other 20 floors with sad stories.” So, one of the friends started with the jokes. With laughs and joy, they reached the 20th floor. Now, another friend started saying stories that are full of wisdom. So, they learned a lot while reaching the 40th floor. Now, it was time for the sad stories. So, the third friend started thus, “My first sad story is that I left the key for the room in the car.”
Now, what is the point of this story? This story resembles our life cycle. For the first 20 years of our life, we spend time in joking and enjoying whatever is out there. Then, after we reach 20, we go into the work force, get married, have kids and this is the time when we use our wisdom. Then, if we reach 40, we finally see the white hairs and begin to think that my life is coming to an end.
It’s better that we start our life in the very beginning by remembering death rather than preparing for it at the end our life when very few of us have the energy to obey Allah completely.

12:28 PM Oct 23 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Hope we’ll never forget what we learn here to be applied in our real life. inshaAllah :)
ok Alyiah, and waiting ur coming :)

05:38 AM Oct 26 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

ooh u have touched an important matter…ok let me tell u that story:-
Once upon a time there was a king and he was a wise man too. In his kingdom used to live many other wise men. Now some of these would not agree to believe that God did exist, while others not only agreed but argued to the satisfaction of the King that there was ‘God’. The King, being a wise man, arranged for a discussion.
The date and time for discussion was fixed. The king held his court at the appointed time on the appointed date. The non-believers assembled in his presence but the believing wise man did not come at the appointed time
The people waited and waited till they lost their patience and uttered the words: “He has no arguments to advance in support of his conviction, so he will not come. He has lost, we have won.”
At last, the wise man arrived and there was an uproar in the court of the king. The people cried: “Why are you late? You have lost”.
The king asked him to explain the cause of his delay. The believing wise man explained, saying: “I started from my home in time, but when I came by the side of the river which I had to cross before reaching here, I did not find a single boat, by which I could cross and reach the opposite bank”.
Upto this point the disbelieving men heard him patiently and did not say a single word. The believing man then continued:
“I waited and waited till at last I saw some planks of wood coming out of the river”.
And the unbelieving men began to shout “O, It is a lie. It is unbelievable. It is unthinkable”.
Continued the believing wise man: “Plank by plank came out of the river and then I saw the planks were cut to proper size and shape and joined to each other with nails by themselves until they formed a boat. And then I took my seat in it and came over to the other bank. I am late because of the delay in the availability of the boat”.
Amid a roar of the non-believing men, the believing wise man tried to convince them of the cause of the delay; but the opponents would not believe him. Then he said:
“You do not believe what I say. It appears the story of the boat forming by itself is something impossible for you to believe. Now in the name of justice, I ask you. Do you see the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars and the skies? Every thing is set according to a plan. But you say it came into existence without a Creator. In other words you deny the existence of God. How far is your statement reasonable and justified?
This silenced them all and there was no answer to this. So the non-believers lost and the believer won.

12:44 PM Oct 26 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

ok Alyiah,
wish for u happy time with it :0

07:00 PM Nov 20 2009 |