Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Soccer World Cup 2006: What is your favorite team? - Who will win the cup?

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

Hey,

lets talk about the soccer  cup, your favorite team and your opinion about the possible cup winner.

I support Germany and England (a lot more Germany but also a bit England). But I don't really think that both of them have only few chances to win the cup. 

My tip is Brasil…what is yours? 

12:47 PM May 24 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Magnimma

Magnimma

Germany

Ok first of all I  live in Germany, so i think – of course – that Germany has got a chance…  But my favorite team is Brasil and I think they will win again this year.

09:29 AM May 25 2006 |

picpic

Belgium

Hi,

How could it be different this year? Brasil has the most impressive team. I think that the others teams will fight for the second and third step of the podium, unless ronaldhino hurts in the next few days… and misses the competition.

To me, the challengers are: Tchequie, Spain and Argentina.

Read-actor, are you planning to watch some matches at the stadium? If yes, wich one(s)?

12:03 PM May 25 2006 |

david,eric

david,eric

China

I believe is still BRAZIL will win the world cup,because they have so many stars,I love RONALDIHO,I think he is the best player all over the world,GERMANY is a great team too,but I do not think ENGLAND have the ability  to win the world cup.

I am CHINESE,I love football,

I want to make more friends,we can talk on MSN

07:18 AM May 26 2006 |

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

I'd like to watch a match in the stadium, but the tickets are too expensive and it's very hard to get one.You have to have much luck. If I had a ticket, then it would be nice to have one for a german match.

I guess I'm going to watch some matches on a big screen somewhere with many people. That will be nice too.

Most of the matches I'm going to watch on TV with friends, beer and chipsTongue out 

09:59 AM May 26 2006 |

picpic

Belgium

Of course, it's one of the best way to watch a football world's cup match… I'll do the same with my friends. It'll be cheaper too. By the way, I find it's ashamed to charge a ticket for the stadium as the organisers do… It's awfully expensive… But it's not typically german, it's anywhere like this, as soon as a big event goes on (olympic games, football european championship, ...) . Too bad. I think that everybody, wathever his standard of living is, should be allowed to go to the stadium and should enjoy a great moment of football for a modest price… But I'm definitely dreaming! 

01:05 PM May 26 2006 |

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

BRAZIL HAS GOT MANY CHANCES, AND I REALLY HOPE SO …..

BUT WHO KNOWS??? GERMANY, ENGLAND ALSO VERY GOOD TEAMS….

I HOPE OUR PLAYERS DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THEM…...

I'M BRAZILIAN.

03:04 AM May 28 2006 |

picpic

Belgium

Hi Rita,

Where and who will you watch the brazilian matches with? Are there in Brazil some nice places that you recommend in order to encourage your national team?

Is the brazilian nation confident in it's team?

06:56 PM May 29 2006 |

huntergong

huntergong

China

Brazil is really the best strong team, but i think the contest will have some variables and be very violent. German is the host. The host advantage will lead them into fight-off. If they have good situation, maybe the cup will be held by them.

05:59 AM May 30 2006 |

Magnimma

Magnimma

Germany

Germany can win of course but i don't think the same. Last world cup we won only against bad or middle good teams. but this year we have changed our goal keeper (oliver kahn was much better) and we have to play against better teams so i think we haven't got a chance!!!

12:59 PM May 30 2006 |

habouba

Lebanon

hi

i was supporting brazil since 1994 …. but this year i am supporting argentina … and i really want them to win … because my boyfreind was one of their fans but he died last january ….. he believed that argentina gonna win the cup ….. 

so please support argentina this year … thank you. 

07:41 AM May 31 2006 |