Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Soccer World Cup 2006: What is your favorite team? - Who will win the cup?

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

Hey,

lets talk about the soccer  cup, your favorite team and your opinion about the possible cup winner.

I support Germany and England (a lot more Germany but also a bit England). But I don't really think that both of them have only few chances to win the cup. 

My tip is Brasil…what is yours? 

12:47 PM May 24 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

FOR SURE    A R G E N T  I N A  IN GROUP C

SEMI FINAL GERMANY AND ARGENTINA AND BRAZIL AND SPAIN

FINAL BRAZIL X ARGENTINA

GO FOR IT BRAZIL!!!!!Cool 

01:23 AM Jun 10 2006 |

habouba

Lebanon

Hi stalin

Today is our first match ….. we will be so strong so charmy…... everybody will say waaaaawwwwwwwwww what a game what a team …... 

GO ARGENTINA …. YOU ARE IN OUR HEARTS …. WE BELIEVE IN YOU …..

HI RITA

HOPE ARGENTINA AND BRASIL BE IN THE FINAL …..  

07:07 AM Jun 10 2006 |

Magnimma

Magnimma

Germany

of course argentinia will win today. and win every match after that until they are champion!! hehe

08:28 AM Jun 10 2006 |

ukniazi

Canada

Brazil won the world cup in 1994. Before that, he had won this title for the last time in 1970.

If you add up: 1970 + 1994 = 3964

Argentina won the world cup for the last time in 1986. Before that only in 1978.

And 1978 + 1986 = 3964

Germany, though, won the world cup in 1990. Before that, Germany won in 1974.

Look: 1990 + 1974 = 3964

This could lead us to guess the winner of the World Cup in 2002, since it should be the winner of the 1962 World Cup (In fact 3964 – 2002 = 1962).

And Brazil won the world cup in 1962! (And, in fact, Brazil won the 2002 WC)

This numerology seems to work…

And now, who would be the winner of the 2006 world cup?

Let's see, 3964 – 2006 = 1958

And who won in 1958?....

Oh, Brazil did!!!

so winner wil be brazil

02:52 PM Jun 10 2006 |

stalin

India

Hey Habouba,How r U? Argentina has won the first match. So let us pray, Argentina continously win all the match and get this world cup for me and u and for all fans of Argentina including our great player Diego Marandona.Habouba, can u tell me, Is Carlos Tevez and Lionel Missi are in the squad? If yes, then why they didnt play for the first match againg Ivory Coast. If no, what is the reason they are not in the Squad. Please tell me, other wise my head will break.ThanksStalinTamilnadu, India

05:58 AM Jun 12 2006 |

stalin

India

Hai Rita Reis ,

I was so tense when the game between Argentina and Ivory Coast. Because the possession of Ivory Coast is greater than Argentina. And i was sooooo tense because of Carlos Tevez and Lionel Missi are missing in the team. But anyhow without these two kingkong Argentina has won the match. Hail to Argentina…....................

06:07 AM Jun 12 2006 |

habouba

Lebanon

Hi stalin

Thanks for ur reply …. really i don't know exactly why they didn't play …. but i am sure they will play in the next games  ..... against Sirbia and Netherlands …. so don't be angry ….. Messi will be the star ….... 

08:54 AM Jun 12 2006 |

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

The first weekend of the world cup is over and we had some nice matches. We already had two surprises – Sweden vs. Trinidad Tobago and Ecuador vs. Polen. England was also very weak. I suggested, that they would play faster and score more goals. 

Argentina vs. Ivory Coast was the closest match. Both deserved victory and the team with more luck won. But the group is very hard to play and we will see who goes further. My prediction is: Argentina and Netherlands – but maybe we will have another big surprise. I'm not 100% sure. Serbia and Ivory Coast are both very good teams. 

I'm a bit disappointed about the german defense. I hope they will improve their play in the next match against Polen. It will be difficult to play against a team witch is close to the edge. My prediction: GER 3 : POL 1

09:43 AM Jun 12 2006 |

stalin

India

Hai habouba,

Thank u so much ya. Really, Carlos Tevez and Lionel Missi were the great key players for Argentina. They are kingkong in Football. Habouba every one are telling the match between Argentina and Netherlands will be toughest one. Is it true. V need to pray ya, Argentina should win against Netherland.

12:31 PM Jun 12 2006 |

stalin

India

Hey Habouba, can u tell me at what time u will come for chat. Let me there when u r in chating.

12:33 PM Jun 12 2006 |