Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

The Greatest Band On This Earth Is........!

Vanhallo

Vanhallo

Sweden

Metallica no question about it. I know people have different tastes but one band has to be a little better then the rest no matter what taste you have and this band is Metallica. I love Metallica so much because you can hear how they develop. You could almost say that by listening to all their records you can hear their life story. Most bands find one way to play and stay with that but Metallica develop their music and sound as the mood in the band is at the moment. A little flumsy I know but there's no true way in describing Metallica. They are just the greatest band on earth, period. Don't you dare disagree. I'll hate you forever and ever. Tongue out No I'm only kidding although I am serious about that I think Metallica is the greatest band. What band do you think is the greatest?

Motivate your answer please!!!!! 

If you're just going to write the bands name down, you could skip that because that would bore me. Please, please write why you consider your favourite band to be the best!

08:27 PM Nov 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tor4ok

tor4ok

Russian Federation

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!
But I like Metallica too( I was at the concert in Moscow!)!
Also:
Death In Vegas, Primal Scream, The Cooper Temple Clause, Radiohead, Portishead, Bob Marley, Demian Marley, Beastie Boys, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Sigur Ros, The Residents=)), Easy Star All Stars, Jamiroquai, Sonic Youth, Snoop Dogg,The Doors, Beck, KoЯn, Underworld, Sex Pistols, The Exploited, Air, Massive Attack, Oasis, Mad Professor, Black Sabbath, Anti-Flag and others…=)))

06:41 PM Dec 18 2007 |

ritaa

ritaa

Portugal

Secondhand Serenade <33

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Atreyu

Chiodos

The Used

HIM <3

Saosin

Greeley Estates

From First to Last

03:42 PM May 19 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

The Rolling Stones!!!

They are a legend!!! With many (manyyyyy) years keeping and making grow their fans, all-ticket-sold concerts and many hits in their history like a band, the Rollings should be considered as the greatest band on this earth.

PS. But I´m not a fan

07:00 PM May 19 2008 |

BeatleGirl

BeatleGirl

Poland

Oh no.

Don't you think that The Beatles are the greatest? And some artists like Little Richard, Chuck Berry or Jerry Lee Lewis? And then The Rolling Stones? It was a kind of a revolution, y'know. The artists you write about owe so much to them.

Edit: "The Rolling Stones!!!" – yeah. ;)

12:51 PM May 21 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I agree with you BeatleGirl.

I´m not a fan of The Beatles, but without them, maybe the history of music (and rock) would be so boring!!!

04:06 PM May 21 2008 |

Gorrum

Gorrum

Russian Federation

Metallica.

But I am fan of old Metallica. They were one step ahead of all in metal. Before "Load", each album  is a masterpiece. "Load" and "Reload" is just a good album.  Last albums is absolute shit. :(

09:07 PM May 22 2008 |

_innocent_

_innocent_

Turkey

simple plan:D

12:03 PM Jul 04 2008 |

elpequeno

elpequeno

Tunisia

Hello!

miss and gentleman make place for the best band ever on earth, the monsters, the masters of metal METALLICA..!! since 20 years they hit us with their loudly sounds, great songs, flawless concerts…. I've never seen METALLICA live show and I really want to…it's my amazing dream to hear jame's voice , kirk's solos, lars'rumbles….Freinds if you have never listened to this band it's time for check it out…nothing else matters , one, masters of puppets, the unforgiven1,2,3….and more of special songs….have fun                   

09:42 PM Feb 09 2009 |

elpequeno

elpequeno

Tunisia

Hello..!

miss and gentleman make place for the best  band ever on earth , the monsters , the masters of metal: METALLICA..!! since 20 years they hit us with their loudly sounds, great songs, flawless concerts….I've never assisted at metallica live show and I really want to…it's my amazing dream to hear jame's voice ,kirk's solos, lars's rumbles….Friends if you've never listened to this band it's the time to check it out..nothing else matters, one, masters of puppets, the unforgiven1,2,3….and more of specail song…..Have fun

09:49 PM Feb 09 2009 |

endurereality

United States

QUEEN

04:40 PM Feb 11 2009 |