Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

The Greatest Band On This Earth Is........!

Vanhallo

Vanhallo

Sweden

Metallica no question about it. I know people have different tastes but one band has to be a little better then the rest no matter what taste you have and this band is Metallica. I love Metallica so much because you can hear how they develop. You could almost say that by listening to all their records you can hear their life story. Most bands find one way to play and stay with that but Metallica develop their music and sound as the mood in the band is at the moment. A little flumsy I know but there's no true way in describing Metallica. They are just the greatest band on earth, period. Don't you dare disagree. I'll hate you forever and ever. Tongue out No I'm only kidding although I am serious about that I think Metallica is the greatest band. What band do you think is the greatest?

Motivate your answer please!!!!! 

If you're just going to write the bands name down, you could skip that because that would bore me. Please, please write why you consider your favourite band to be the best!

08:27 PM Nov 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mankit

mankit

China

Guns N' Roses

06:21 AM Apr 13 2010 |

Ariel14

Ariel14

Brazil

Paramore is really good, but my favorite is As i Lay dying. And as Lilianaaa said, it's good to know new bands.

xD

02:25 PM Jun 22 2010 |

pilihuangjian

China

Smile

Vanhallo, Shake hands with U!!!!

I love Metallica, too!!!It's a great band!!!!!!!

I had used to think that thrash metal and core metal is bored.

But Metallica is totally different! They compose many great riffs. Simple but powerful and full of rhythm.

And their solo is good to listen. I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, the solo is wonderful, not any meaningless tone。 

Metallica lead me to metal music! It made me to start learning guitar. And my guitar is ESP as well. I like it's sounds!

Do you play guitar or Bass? Vanhallo

07:33 PM Aug 24 2010 |

pilihuangjian

China

By the way, I have some troubles with English.

What is "flumsy" means? I don't know this words.

Could you explain it to me. Please.

Thank you so much.

07:36 PM Aug 24 2010 |

bf

Brazil

what about dream theater? Their music is perfect, each band member plays it´s instrument perfectly, and i don´t think any other band can beat them. If you don´t know them, give them a try and maybe you´ll fall in love with their music.

12:38 AM Nov 10 2011 |

wilma86

Finland

I´m getting exited from all kinds of music and i can´t live without music and i just love music. If i had to give all of my senses away and pick up only one sense to keep, i´m 100% sure that i keep my hearing just because on music :)... But you asked favourite band and my answer is: Poets Of The Fall. Their lyrics just mezmerises me, those words are so beautiful and true. And that head-singers voice… oh my god, i get chills all over my body… If someone ever comes to sing to me like that or even whisper one word in my ear with a voice like that, i´m not sure what´s gonna happen then :)... But Metallica is absolutely one of the gratiest band i´ve ever heard, and i´ve been Metallica-fan propably 13 years… so i totally agree in that case :)

04:21 AM Nov 22 2011 |

princessa

Greece

lemonade mouthCool

07:01 PM Nov 26 2011 |

Eyeye

Eyeye

Thailand

The carpenters ;)

01:02 PM Jan 11 2012 |

Anthory

Anthory

Germany

Saltatio Mortis. This is a German Band who plays orignial dark age rock. I love this Band just like Schandmaul, Tanzwut and Samsas Traum, although Samsas Traum isn’t an dark age rockband.

I love they all playing bagpipes.

10:57 AM Feb 04 2012 |